• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun permits and expunged Felonies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juvix8888

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

Hi Im the friend. My question is about CCW permits. I thought they were state wide thpough. But I was arrested for a felony (dont say i cant right away) in mi 5 years ago. I was tried and issued a sentence called HYTA (home Youthful Trainee Act) in Michigan. It issues you a sentence that can include jail (generally just probation), treament, probation, or all of the above. It is only for first time felony offenders between ages 17-21 in michigan and non violent offense only. Upon completion the charge is thrown out no conviction issued. I completed it had my name run and i have no record for felonies. I also recieved a letter stating that my fingerprints would be destroyed within 30 days. This was after i completed the sentence. I dont know if the arrest record was entirely destroyed or not though. However On theose circumstances may a be eligible to participate in a CCW course and register a firearm in my name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">