• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gun rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hcnavarrete

What is the name of your state? california,I lent my car to a uncle not knowing he was going to crossed the border to mexico.on his way back he noticed my gun was in the glove box so he thougt it be better to put it in his pocket.when he was going thru the I.N.S. border he was sent to secundery inspection and caught with the gun and arrested.I think it was my fault leaving the gun in the car in the first place but I did,nt know he was going to mexico.its aginst the law to bring guns thru the border.what can we do?

Last edited:

M

mikkey5

Do you like your uncle? has he got any money ?

Then hire a lawyer and bail him out.

If he is a drunk, drug user and poor,..... forget about it.

JETX

"its aginst the law to bring guns thru the border."
*** Yes, it is VERY much illegal to take guns (or even bullets) into or out of Mexico.

"what can we do?"
*** Learn to speak Spanish and get LOTS of cash together.
"Travelers carrying guns or ammunition into Mexico without a Mexican certificate have been arrested, detained and sentenced to stiff fines and lengthy prison terms. The sentence for clandestine importation of firearms is from six months to six years. If the weapon is greater than .38 caliber, it is considered to be a military type, and the sentence is from 5 to 30 years."

For more, see the following:
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/90/110/01_3_m.html
http://www.comebackalive.com/df/dplaces/mexico/dthing4.htm
http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/PolicePubs/IB/IB-1May00a.pdf

Son of Slam

JETX said:
"...If the weapon is greater than .38 caliber, it is considered to be a military type, and the sentence is from 5 to 30 years."

That's if the weapon IS a military caliber (.38 Auto is very popular there becouse.45ACP is illegal) and applies to possession in Mexico, not US Boarder.

JETX

Son of Slam said:
That's if the weapon IS a military caliber (.38 Auto is very popular there becouse.45ACP is illegal) and applies to possession in Mexico, not US Boarder.
It appears that you got your calibers confused. If you read the post that you quoted, it says "if the weapon is GREATER than .38 caliber...". Your post simple confirms that statement.

Oh, and what does 'Border' have to do with anything?? The same law applies at the border going into Mexico as inside Mexico.

BTW, here is the link for the excerpt:
http://www.comebackalive.com/df/dplaces/mexico/dthing4.htm

Last edited:
O

OnlyOneVoice

Question?

Was he detained by Mexico Federalis or was he detained by US Boarder Patrol?

JETX

"Boarder Patrol"
*** Just curious, is this some type of special police charged with counting the number of persons registered in hotels, motels, apartments or housing shelters??

Son of Slam

JETX said:
It appears that you got your calibers confused. If you read the post that you quoted, it says "if the weapon is GREATER than .38 caliber...". Your post simple confirms that statement.
My post means .38 Super is legal in Mexico because it is not a military caliber, (NATO approved fixed cartridge) not because of diameter size. (My bad, handguns ARE illegal if over 38 cal., but not ALL firearms) Example: 223 Remington (.223 Dia., 55 grain, 3200fps) is a NATO round and is illegal 460 Weatherby (.458 Dia., 500 grain, 2700fps) is a sporting round and is legal.

JETX said:

Oh, and what does 'Border' have to do with anything?? The same law applies at the border going into Mexico as inside Mexico.
hcnavarrete said; " ...crossed the border to Mexico_ON HIS WAY BACK he noticed my gun was in the glove box...when he was going thru the I.N.S. border he was sent to secundery inspection

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hcnavarrete said:
What is the name of your state? california,I lent my car to a uncle not knowing he was going to crossed the border to mexico.on his way back he noticed my gun was in the glove box so he thougt it be better to put it in his pocket.when he was going thru the I.N.S. border he was sent to secundery inspection and caught with the gun and arrested.I think it was my fault leaving the gun in the car in the first place but I did,nt know he was going to mexico.its aginst the law to bring guns thru the border.what can we do?

My response:

Hey, Ese vatto - - what choo doin' with a gun, Chongo?

Don't choo know that the cops could have searched your "ride" while you were drivin'?

Not too smart, Chongito - - unless, of course, you don't mind doin' the "sphincter stretch" with Bubba!

IAAL

JETX

Son of Slam said:
he was sent to secundery inspection
What the hell is 'secundery inspection'???
Is that where you look for something that is "Arranged on or turned to one side of an axis."

Son of Slam

JETX said:
What the hell is 'secundery inspection'???
Is that where you look for something that is "Arranged on or turned to one side of an axis."

I hope you're not asking me. I was quoting the OP. I started to correct his spelling but that wouldn't be right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">