• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? WI

Hello Everyone,

Long story short

My ex's gf has a 5 year stayed prison sentence, she served 6 months, and also has 5 years of probation, this is the 4th year of the probabtion.

Last month she harrassed me on my cell phone and my home phone- she was nice enough to leave the messages on my answering machine Due to the nature of the threats in the calls I had contacted the police before I knew who was calling- this woman and I have never spoken words to each other- I had no reason to think she would ever call me. Well we get the call logs from phone company and it is her.

Monday the 26th of this month she is being charged with 9 counts of telephone harrasment, those charges stem from the calls made to my cell phone. The cd from my home answering machine was mailed to the police after the DA had the case from the first calls, so there may end up being more charges....

Is this basically a case of go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200?

I also posted this in the probation section but did't know if it would apply more here since it's a new crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">