• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T.D.

What is the name of your state? Tn.
We would like to know if there is such a charge of just harassment? My ex husband had my current husband charged with harrassment. Here is the situation. MY husband and daughter were not getting along, so at my request I asked my husband to take my daughter to ex husbands work. My husband asked to speak to ex, which he refused to do. The next day my ex told me on the phone that if my husband came to his job again he would break his legs and kick his old ass, I stated that my husband still would like to speak to him about the situation and he said he had nothing to say to him. Later that evening my ex came to pick up our daughter at my place of residense and my husband went outside to speak with him, an argument insued. About a week later my husband was arrested for harrassment. The report states that my ex came to my home to pick up our daughter and my husband threatened him, and then it states that my husband then went to his place of employment to state that my husband didn't want my daughter at our house anymore. He has lied about the chain of events, and lied about what happened, so is this charge of harrasment valid? Thanks for any help you can offer.

weenor

Of course its valid- all parties will have to appear in court and tell their side of the story..the judge will chose who to believe.

Sadness05

T.D. said:
We would like to know if there is such a charge of just harassment?
Yes, harrassment is a crime and the person who is accused of harrassment may face some charges.

Tell your husband to get a lawyer, he will help him.

seniorjudge

T.D. said:
We would like to know if there is such a charge of just harassment? My ex husband had my current husband charged with harrassment. Here is the situation. MY husband and daughter were not getting along, so at my request I asked my husband to take my daughter to ex husbands work. My husband asked to speak to ex, which he refused to do. The next day my ex told me on the phone that if my husband came to his job again he would break his legs and kick his old ass, I stated that my husband still would like to speak to him about the situation and he said he had nothing to say to him. Later that evening my ex came to pick up our daughter at my place of residense and my husband went outside to speak with him, an argument insued. About a week later my husband was arrested for harrassment. The report states that my ex came to my home to pick up our daughter and my husband threatened him, and then it states that my husband then went to his place of employment to state that my husband didn't want my daughter at our house anymore. He has lied about the chain of events, and lied about what happened, so is this charge of harrasment valid? Thanks for any help you can offer.

double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1297238&posted=1#post1297238

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">