• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have outstanding warrant in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Was arrested in NJ for shoplifting (under $25, if it matters). While waiting to go to court I entered rehab in FL. The court in NJ was notified, date was put off until my return. First day in rehab, I met an old friend, left the rehab, robbed beer from a store and was arrested. Court date was set in FL. Since I was in rehab, I left any correspondence with the court to the rehab-I know it was poor judgement, but I was actively using. I got kicked out of rehab, was picked up by police and held for failure to appear. Paid bond, went home, got clean, finished probation for first arrest. Been clean 18 months and want to clean up the FL issue but I'm afraid they'll put me in jail. Any thoughts? I really want to get on with life, i'm just turning 21.

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Was arrested in NJ for shoplifting (under $25, if it matters). While waiting to go to court I entered rehab in FL. The court in NJ was notified, date was put off until my return. First day in rehab, I met an old friend, left the rehab, robbed beer from a store and was arrested. Court date was set in FL. Since I was in rehab, I left any correspondence with the court to the rehab-I know it was poor judgement, but I was actively using. I got kicked out of rehab, was picked up by police and held for failure to appear. Paid bond, went home, got clean, finished probation for first arrest. Been clean 18 months and want to clean up the FL issue but I'm afraid they'll put me in jail. Any thoughts? I really want to get on with life, i'm just turning 21.
You would do best to find an attorney in Florida to help you clear this up.
Depending on the warrant, you could be stopped for speeding in NJ, be arrested and extradited back to Florida to face the robbery, FTA, and whatever other charges you have pending (especially if the robbery involved a gun). This is not going to go away.

You need an attorney in Florida.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Even if FL does not extradite you, you will be detained until the agency that stopped you can confirm that. Depending on the originating agency, if you are stopped at the wrong time you could be held for several days pending confirmation.

If you don't want that to keep happening to you then you need to resolve the warrant. Warrants do not just go away on their own or expire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">