• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

held on fugitive warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

returnofnemesis

Arizona
My fiance was arrested in Arizona for which there are no longer any charges. There was however a fugitive warrant for her in Massachussetts. She is now being held for that warrant. I am sure that Ma. will not want to extradite but there is a hearing to be held on 8/1. Can someone please tell me what this hearing is for in the state of Az when the warrant is in MA.
Also wondering how long she can be held while waiting for Ma. to decide they don't want her that badly.
Going nuts from ignorance in Az.

tnsassyass

fugitive warrant

Hey, i don,t know what the law in Arizona is on being a fugitive but I think it pretty much means the same thing in every state.. if you get stopped for running or not necessarily running, totally avoiding prosecution then that is the same as a fugitive and any state that stops you will hold you for extradition but the person doesn,t have to sign the papers but in the state I am from, if you don,t sign the extradition papers then the time you spend in jail is considered dead time...it doesn,t count for anything...I,m no expert but this is what I know from experience with my son... I hope it helps...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">