• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldidwrong2

What is the name of your state?TN

I helped my friend still money from our workplace, by doing false refunds, and leaving the money in the cash register for her to take on her shift. My job is pressing charges agaisnt the both of us. I admitted to doing this. My charge is theft under $400. I have paid it all back. This is my first charge. The police officer gave me a citiation to turn myself in. What will happen to me in court?? Does this face jail time?

n_and

Does this face jail time?
No, I wouldn't say. Seeing as this is your first offense, and >$500.00 is a Class A misdemeanor. You've already paid restitution. Turn yourself in...it'll look better than getting caught. Hire an attorney if you can, dress nicely in court.

I could be wrong, someone will say if I am, but I can't see a judge sentencing you to prison. Probably probation, community service, and restitution (which has already been paid - do you have proof of this?)

I'm surprised you weren't charged with conspiracy, as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">