• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with fiance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellyanne3333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania My finance is on probation for 24 months of which he has already done 6 or 7 months. He got a new charge of theft of movable property in which his po put him in jail he has been in since July 12. The charge involved him taking a bench that he thought was out for trash, and it was trash day. He took a load of scrap a couple hours later to the scrap yard. Apparently a neighbor of the house where the bench was saw a white truck take this bench. The neighboor then went to the scrap yard to see if the bench was turned in, which it was and the man at the scrap yard gave him a copy of the reciept. When taking scrap in you must give a copy of your drivers license the neighboor got the bench back and told the lady the bench belonged to about what happened many hours later and she contacted the local police who took her statement. The officer noted in his report that he sold the bench for $70. I have reciept showing he sold a 850 lb load for $60. He had his hearing yesterday 8/21 andonly the police officer showed up not the witness or lady that the bench belonged to. Also my finance was put in jail on 7/12 and the paperwork was not filed until 7/19. Anyway the hearing was continued until 9/4. Should he have had a hearing sooner than he did and should the case be dropped because of the witness not showing up? We are in pa if that matters. Thank you, Kelly[SUP][/SUP]

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/help-fiance-583035.html

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania My finance is on probation for 24 months of which he has already done 6 or 7 months. He got a new charge of theft of movable property in which his po put him in jail he has been in since July 12. The charge involved him taking a bench that he thought was out for trash, and it was trash day. He took a load of scrap a couple hours later to the scrap yard. Apparently a neighbor of the house where the bench was saw a white truck take this bench. The neighboor then went to the scrap yard to see if the bench was turned in, which it was and the man at the scrap yard gave him a copy of the reciept. When taking scrap in you must give a copy of your drivers license the neighboor got the bench back and told the lady the bench belonged to about what happened many hours later and she contacted the local police who took her statement. The officer noted in his report that he sold the bench for $70. I have reciept showing he sold a 850 lb load for $60. He had his hearing yesterday 8/21 andonly the police officer showed up not the witness or lady that the bench belonged to. Also my finance was put in jail on 7/12 and the paperwork was not filed until 7/19. Anyway the hearing was continued until 9/4. Should he have had a hearing sooner than he did and should the case be dropped because of the witness not showing up? We are in pa if that matters. Thank you, Kelly[SUP][/SUP]
Your boyfriend should ask his criminal law attorney.

Eekamouse

He stole a bench and sold it for scrap and you are trying to say it wasn't theft but an accident? Good luck on flying that past the judge in court.

Antigone*

He stole a bench and sold it for scrap and you are trying to say it wasn't theft but an accident? Good luck on flying that past the judge in court.
Judges hear that line all day long. She's got another thing coming if the things this is the judge's first rodeo.

OHRoadwarrior

Where I am from, I see 850 pound benches thrown away all the time. Sometimes you have to shoo the flying pigs off of them first, before picking them up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">