• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help I have an Ohio State warrant block

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chapplerebecca@

help I have an Ohio State warrant black and I moved to Tennessee I am trying to get another vehicle and I would like to know if I will be able to register at here I know I cannot register in the state of Ohio but can I register here since my license is not suspended but it does have a warrant block I am also pretty sure I cannot change over my license too Tennessee license but I'm not able to register a car here please please help I am a single mom and have kids trying to take care of them in my life not willing to go back to Ohio and go to jail and lose my children

CdwJava

Why does it have a "warrant block?" I am not sure what that means? Does that mean the vehicle is associated with a wanted criminal? That it is stolen? That it has some form of violation associated with it? What?

Silverplum

help I have an Ohio State warrant black and I moved to Tennessee I am trying to get another vehicle and I would like to know if I will be able to register at here I know I cannot register in the state of Ohio but can I register here since my license is not suspended but it does have a warrant block I am also pretty sure I cannot change over my license too Tennessee license but I'm not able to register a car here please please help I am a single mom and have kids trying to take care of them in my life not willing to go back to Ohio and go to jail and lose my children
Here's an OH warrant block: http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/warrant_block.stm

Ohio Revised Code Section 4503.13
Cause: A municipal or county court at the court's discretion, may order the Clerk of the Court to send to the Registrar a report of any person for whom an arrest warrant has been issued. Upon the bureau's receipt of this information, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) will deny the person named in the arrest warrant the right to apply for a driver license or vehicle registration.

Length of Suspension: This is not a driving suspension, but only a block. This prohibits an individual from applying for either a driver license and/or a vehicle registration.

Reinstatement Requirements: The BMV must be notified by the court that all outstanding arrest warrants have been satisfied. Effective September 16, 2004, House Bill 230 requires a reinstatement fee to cover BMV administrative costs.
~~~~~
Where's the JAIL part in there? Oh. You have an ACTIVE ARREST WARRANT.

You've made your decision: you refuse to handle your arrest warrant, you can't register a car. You can be a single mom and take care of your children via public transportation or rental car or bicycle.

FlyingRon

I don't know about the car registrations, but certainly you likely can not obtain/renew a driver's license in any state at this point.

Note that you're not going to "get on with your life" with an active warrant in another state. That needs to be addressed. In addition to the BMV issues, you're going to likely hit other road bumps. I would seriously suggest you seek legal help to address the warrant. It's not just going to "go away" because you are a fugitive.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you had cared about your children, you would have dealt with the warrant. Now find someone else to take care of them while you deal with the warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">