• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NeuroMan42

What is the name of your state? Florida

Long story short... I left my job about 2 weeks ago, and then there is this Audit done to the Branch. Well, a former coworker, I guess told the Audit people that I was doing some shifty stuff. I worked for them for 3 years, and NEVER had any problems or bad reviews. Well, about a week after I left the company, someone from the company shows up at my Fathers house saying they have a Warrant for my arrest. Not a police officer, someone from the Company. Now I have called the local Bail Bonds man and they show NO warrants for me at all. I left the company because of a better job offer and no I am apprently robbing the Company. What can I do? Can a warrant be issued with no evidence. I mean I have all my financial records and everything from all my promotions?

Stumped and Erked.

K

krispenstpeter

And when you called the police and reported this incident what did they tell you?

Did your father get a copy of the 'warrant' or the names and identification of the people?

N

NeuroMan42

I haven't spoken to my Father is over 5 years, but my Stepmother said that they were not police and did not show them a warrant. Just said they had one. Both myself and my Mother have contacted the police and did a search on the FDLE webpage and no warrants show up. My Fiance' thinks that the Company is using some kinda scare tactic to try to muscle me into something. I called the Audit guy and asked him why someone from the Company showed up at my Fathers house. He just said that he had nothing to say to me and that the Local police will contact me.

N

NeuroMan42

Ok... What does filing a police report do? Is it for Harrassment?

dequeendistress

First off:

Because a co-worker said that you were doing something less than legal, will not result in anything...ONLY factual discrepencies as a result of an audit will result in further action...

K

krispenstpeter

How the hell should I know? YOu came her for legal options and the ONLY one you have is to file a police report of the incident (or your step mother/father should). Other than that there's not a hell of a lot you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">