• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madata2

What is the name of your state? Michigan. Help me.....I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan and I was at a party that got busted for being too loud and when they were issuing tickets to everyone they found that I had a warrant because apparently I bounced a check when I paid a ticket back in 2002. So they took me in and I had to pay 200 dollars to go home. I had no clue that this warrant was on me I dont remember bouncing the check. How does this affect my record????? I've never been in trouble. Will this cost me a lot of money?? I dont have a lot of money. Please help me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

madata2 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan. Help me.....I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan and I was at a party that got busted for being too loud and when they were issuing tickets to everyone they found that I had a warrant because apparently I bounced a check when I paid a ticket back in 2002. So they took me in and I had to pay 200 dollars to go home. I had no clue that this warrant was on me I dont remember bouncing the check. How does this affect my record????? I've never been in trouble. Will this cost me a lot of money?? I dont have a lot of money. Please help me.

My response:

Help you with what?

It's going to cost you whatever it's going to cost you. How would you like us to help you with such vague questions?

IAAL

madata2

how does this go on my record?? Are you able to fight something like this and explain that you had no idea that this warrant was on you?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

madata2 said:
how does this go on my record?? Are you able to fight something like this and explain that you had no idea that this warrant was on you?

My response:

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse or a defense. In other words, it doesn't matter whether you knew or forgot about the warrant. All you can do now is face the Piper.

And, it's already on your "record". That how the cops knew about your warrant in the first place.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">