• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me with some advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seedpuppy

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I have a question that I would please like answered.
OKay my friends got pulled over for loud music.
Well undoubtly the officer searched the car.
The officer found some weed and an open container.
Well the officer only charged one of the people in the car not the driver either. And did not arrest him either.
Told the person he charged that he had to have $2,000.00 by Oct. 6th.
And well this all happened yesterday which was the 19th of Sept.
When my friends got home they noticed that the officer had written two different years for the car.
So one is it right that the cop only charged one and not all three and much less not the driver of the car?
Two can my friend get off because of the messed up car year?
I've heard people say that judges have let them off because of things like messed up years because the judge called it falsifaction.
The officer also said that if my friend did not bring the money on the 6th that he would spend 90 days in jail.
Is something off or is this all legal. Please help.
And somebody please tell me how to get 2,000.00 in two weeks if all this is legal and there is no way around it. I can't allow him to go to jail. To much is riding on him with my niece. And I have no collarteral that I could use and I have really bad credit. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Last edited:

chris86

The money the officer told your friend to bring is the amount of the fine for possession. Yes, if he does not bring the money, he will sit in jail for the amount of time appropriate to the violation of that law. He did all of you a favor by not taking all of you in or charging everyone in the car, and an even bigger favor by not taking possession of the vehicle. Falsification is an intentional act...the officer isn't lying about the year, he was mistaken. Did all of you know about the weed? I think it would be a nice gesture if the rest of you that remain uncharged pitch in to help that person with their 2000.00 fine.

chris86

The 2000. is a fine, not bond...the judge will impose the fine, or impose the amount of time. A bail bondsman will not help with a fine. Once the fine is paid, that's that...no more court. The judge very well may let you make arrangements, provided you show up with a substantial amount of money, i.e., a thousand at court, the balance over the next month or two, that has been done.

seedpuppy

thank you

We are all pitching in but none of us has any substational money. Umm I wasn't in the car I was just wondering if it was usual or whatever. I think all of them did know about the weed. As a matter of fact one of the other people in the car said it was his before the other person who was charged did but the officer ignored him because he is a minor.
And the other guy was not. But yeah Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">