• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me understand weekender/work release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saintsbrat97

What is the name of your state? California

My son was arrested for Grand Theft Property over $400. It was not him, he was an accessory, but he confessed to his boss (it was theft at his work), his boss told him if he told him who the people were he would not call the police, my son said he could not do that, then the boss said if he would bring back the stolen property, he would not call the police. My son brought the property back, however, the boss had the cops waiting for him. Nonetheless, my son was/is guilty. He was sentenced as below. Now my question is on #4 it states he has to serve time. I was not in court that day as I live 4 hours away, but my son says he has Work Release so he will not have to stay in jail. I told him it looks like he does have to do time. Can anyone explain how this work release is done???

Thank you SOOO much in advance for any info!!

PRONOUNCEMENT OF JUDGMENT IS ORDERED WITHHELD AND CONDITIONAL AND REVOCABLE RELEASE IS GRANTED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTH(S)
1) VIOLATE NO LAW OTHER THAN MINOR TRAFFIC.
2) PAY $110.00 TO VICTIM RESTITUTION FUND TO THE COURT BY 12/31/2007; INCLUDES 10% ADMIN FEE.
3) SURCHARGE OF $20.00 IMPOSED PURSUANT TO PC1465.8(A) . SURCHARGE OF $20.00 IMPOSED PURSUANT TO PC1465.8(A). SURCHARGE OF $20.00 IMPOSED PURSUANT TO PC1465.8(A)
4) :confused: SERVE 120 DAYS IN A SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY JAIL FACILITY, WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED, A MATTER OF 3 DAYS, PLUS CONDUCT CREDIT PURSUANT TO 1-PC4019 ND ABIDE BY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FACILITY WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF COUNTY PAROLE. REPORT TO GLEN HELEN REHABILITATION CENTER ON 070607 BY 3PM. ELIGIBLE FOR WEEKENDER/WORK RELEASE PROGRAM. COMPLETE BY 07/01/2008.

YvonneWhat is the name of your state?

saintsbrat97

Thank you...

Thank you, I was worried he would lose his job. He just got a good one so I am relieved. Thanks again so much!:D

outonbail

Yes you're son has been granted work release. If he was sentenced to jail, he would have been taken into custody right from court. Now they can take him into custody for the weekend, which means he will be released on Sunday around noon, but they will most likely assign him somewhere to report to on weekends and pull weeds or rake leaves etc.

If he misses even one day or is late arriving for his weekend commitment, he can be violated and end up doing the straight time after all.

saintsbrat97

What a relief

Thanks again for the further info. I can't thank everyone enough. This forum is such a wonderful idea & has helped me immensely in the 2 days I have signed on. I have had both issues clarified for me with respect. I appreciate it.

Have a nice day,
Yvonne

garrula lingua

He has to report on 7/6/07.

Usually, defendants who qualify for work release @ Glen Helen take a few classes to be approved, then are granted the privilege.
He'll probably be in jail for a few days, then work release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">