• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spyderxombie

What is the name of your state? virginia

in virginia if you get a misdemeanor such as petty larceny or things of that nature, how long will they go without arresting you before the charges get dropped if they do at all b/c i have a friend that got in trouble like 3+ years ago and he is always looking over his shoulder and thinks he cant get a job

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? virginia

in virginia if you get a misdemeanor such as petty larceny or things of that nature, how long will they go without arresting you before the charges get dropped if they do at all b/c i have a friend that got in trouble like 3+ years ago and he is always looking over his shoulder and thinks he cant get a job
Punctuation is your friend...;):)

Was there a warrant issued?

Just Blue

ya they picked him up and then he got bail and never showed up for court
Then 30 years from now he will STILL be subject to an arrest. Warrants do now have a SOL.
He should hire an attorney and turn himself in WITH the attorney present. This will not go away ...EVER!

Just Blue

Thanks for the advice tho i doubt my friend will take it
Every time your friend gets pulled over he will be subjected to an arrest, he will wait in jail until the police from the city that the warrant was issued come to get him...this could be for WEEKS. If they decide not to extradite, than your buddy will be released until the next time he has his info run by the police...And he will go through this process EVERY TIME!
Now, he might say to you "Thats easy...I will be a good boy and not come under the scrutiny of the police"...Personally I doubt that anyone stupid enough to abscond over a misdemeanor that he PROBABLY wouldn't have served prison time for, isn't smart enough to stay under the radar...:rolleyes:

spyderxombie

Ya i agree with you thats it's stupid to not just face it. On the other hand tho he doesnt drive and it's been 4 years so he's not doing 2 bad at stayin low.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">