• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, question about the seach of items.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hek8560

I lived in California, police searched my house three years ago, and they seized my laptop, credit cards, notebook, and other items. We got them back after three years which is happened last week. We have court order for return my seized items, and we got them all back in my house. But, after we got them all back, they sue me with other six charges which is under the same arrest(Just one arrest) and sent out arrest warrent. I don't know can they use the thing they seized three years ago as evidence this time. All the thing they taked, it is now in my house. Can they take photos of them and use it as evidence against me? Will they search my house again? My court take place is san bernardino court, and my lawyer told me that if I don't do any thing the case will be closed after three years, then why it happened again? We even have the court report which says the the case is closed, bail is been released. Help...

aardvarc

But, after we got them all back, they sue me with other six charges which is under the same arrest(Just one arrest) and sent out arrest warrent.
That means there's going to be a NEW arrest.

I don't know can they use the thing they seized three years ago as evidence this time. All the thing they taked, it is now in my house. Can they take photos of them and use it as evidence against me?
No, you can expect that they'll be seizing anything they plan to use as evidence.

Will they search my house again?
If that's where the stuff they want is located, it seems reasonable that that's where they'll seek a warrant to search.

My court take place is san bernardino court, and my lawyer told me that if I don't do any thing the case will be closed after three years, then why it happened again?
Apparantly the state thinks they either have NEW charges against you, or different charges, or your case wasn't actually closed. This is something you'll need to sort out with your attorney. We don't have access to the court's records or the police investigation to answer this question for you.

We even have the court report which says the the case is closed, bail is been released. Help...
Then it sounds like there are new or different charges. We cannot possibly know the grounds for the new charges or now attempt at old charges against you. Only the police know that. If they get a new warrant, yes, they'll be able to search again, and be able to confiscate anything covered under the warrant. Again, we don't know what that might be. If you HAVE an attorney, one who obviously KNOWS the details of your case (while we don not), these are questions you should directing to them.

davew128

Consult with your attorney and ask him what the statute of limitations is on whatever crimes you were alleged to have committed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">