• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hex.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KRSMom

What is the name of your state? NC

Went to the courthouse yesterday and got the records. It was so easy!! Just like you said.

Anyway also found out that hubby's ex was arrested Tues. night for a felony charge of "obtaining property under false pretenses". She only spent 3-4 hours in jail and bonded out on a $1200 bond!!! Why so cheap? She also had court date for today but didn't have to appear for it?--What is this about? Is that just for her to plea guilty or not guilty?

H

hexeliebe

She only spent 3-4 hours in jail and bonded out on a $1200 bond!!! Why so cheap?
Not cheap at all. This was not a violent crime.

She also had court date for today but didn't have to appear for it?--What is this about? Is that just for her to plea guilty or not guilty?
It was an arrainment and yes, only to enter her plea. Her attorney could handle it for her.

Now that you know she will be going to court, your ex could keep an eye on her through the system. :D

K

KRSMom

I guess I just thought that 15% of $1200 for a felony was sort of cheap. We've also been told that she probably won't do any time either! Oh well! Do you think they will lump together her misdemeanor charge with this felony and do them all at the same time?

How can we keep up with what happens to her? Same thing by getting the records? These records are hard to read if you don't understand all the abbreviations!! ha ha

H

hexeliebe

In the file you have on the charges you also have the docket number (or case number) . Simply ask the clerk when the case is scheduled for hearing.

K

KRSMom

Great! Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to see what happens! She will be soooo mad when she sees me in that court room!!! ha ha

K

KRSMom

I went under the District court website and they have a Criminal Calendar--I went under today's date and looked at all the different cases that were held today and hers isn't listed. Is this because it's only an arraignment? I wanted to see who the Plaintiff is on this case. There's also a chance that the other store will press charges too. Will that be a separate court case as well?

H

hexeliebe

It may not be scheduled yet. Just keep checking. This could never go to court by the way, if she pleas it out. But if that's the case the judge will still have to sign off on any agreement and that will be added to the file.

H

hexeliebe

She will plead guilty, pay a fine and/or community service and most probably be put on probation until the fine is paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">