• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hex......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KRSMom

What is the name of your state? NC

I just found out the my husband's ex has registered at a hotel using his last name even though she has been remarried over a year ago. Normally this wouldn't bother me---but she has gone from hotel to hotel in the last few months and I have a feeling she may be skipping on the bills. I am worried that she may start using my husband's social security number or start using MY name when she does this stuff! Is there anything we can do to stop her from using his last name or to protect ourselves from her possibly ruining our credit and our name?

Thanks in advance if you can help!

JETX

"Is there anything we can do to stop her from using his last name or to protect ourselves from her possibly ruining our credit and our name?"
*** Until she actually does something illegal or improper, no.

K

KRSMom

I thought it would be illegal to sign your name that really isn't your name! Why isn't that illegal?

JETX

"I thought it would be illegal to sign your name that really isn't your name! Why isn't that illegal?"
*** Why would you think it would be illegal to check into a hotel (or any other place) to use name "Jane Smith", or "Hillary Clinton" or any other name you want???? Simply, it isn't.

However, if you were to try to use someone elses CREDIT when you check in or leave is illegal.

H

hexeliebe

I'm registered in the Belize Resort under a name other than my own. And it's perfectly legal because I paid for the stay under my corporate credit account.

The only time it's illegal is when it is used to defraud the innkeeper or to disavow financial obligations.

In other words, who cares? As long as the Perrier and cigars keep coming and the sand is still hot under my feet:D

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
I'm registered in the Belize Resort under a name other than my own. And it's perfectly legal because I paid for the stay under my corporate credit account.

**A: yes, and I am registered under the name HomeGuru and I charged my stay to hexy's corporate account. Nothing wrong with that.

H

hexeliebe

come on down...and bring your partner and that opening act IAAL :D The water is about 80 degrees at night (hint...hint)

JETX

I heard that the water around you was about 98.6° and had a tint of yellow, while it was 80° everywhere else!!!:D

JETX

Just heard on the weather that there was a spot of warm water off the coast of Belize with a slight yellow tint, heading for the Texas coast. They think that it might be warm enough to become a tropical storm by landfall!!!

HomeGuru

Later that same day on board the large cruise ship.

Hexy to the ship captain: where the heck are we Sir?
Captain: urine the Gulf of Mexico.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">