• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hheellpp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blossom29

i live in GA and i know someone that was arrested 7/5/05 for theft by taking or theft by receiving stolen property. it was a felony and the will appear in court later this month and plead not guilty, or they may accept the plea offer. at any rate they have been applying for jobs and the arrest has not shown up on their criminal background checks for employement. they asked the local d.a. and he said that a"pending" wouldnt shown. what does that mean? does that mean that it wont show until this person has gone to court and a verdict has been issued? im asking because they were hired at a great company and this company will be running a background check soon and im hoping that this wont stop them. :confused:

Heather2

blossom29 said:
i live in GA and i know someone that was arrested 7/5/05 for theft by taking or theft by receiving stolen property. it was a felony and the will appear in court later this month and plead not guilty, or they may accept the plea offer. at any rate they have been applying for jobs and the arrest has not shown up on their criminal background checks for employement. they asked the local d.a. and he said that a"pending" wouldnt shown. what does that mean? does that mean that it wont show until this person has gone to court and a verdict has been issued? im asking because they were hired at a great company and this company will be running a background check soon and im hoping that this wont stop them. :confused:
Well when I was arrested my arrest did not show up on background checks until my case was resolved. I'm sure it is the same for your friend and the arrest won't show up until his/her case is resolved.

My advice: take the job now and keep it because even if s/he is not convicted the arrest will show up until it is expunged.

TYRIS

blossom29 said:

Background checks only show criminal convictions. Your friend's case will not show up because his court case is still active.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">