• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiding someone.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brotherinlaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
My brother in law is currently wanted for a probation violation in Pennsylvania and living with someone in Florida. Supposedly he is wanted on dui charges and not the probation violations. His parents have been putting him in hotels using his moms maiden name and now moved him in with an elderly man they found on Craigslist. They did not disclose the fact that he is a felon and that is currently wanted. I currently don't know his exact location, but my in laws do, what kind of trouble could we face for not notifying authorities.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
My brother in law is currently wanted for a probation violation in Pennsylvania and living with someone in Florida. Supposedly he is wanted on dui charges and not the probation violations. His parents have been putting him in hotels using his moms maiden name and now moved him in with an elderly man they found on Craigslist. They did not disclose the fact that he is a felon and that is currently wanted. I currently don't know his exact location, but my in laws do, what kind of trouble could we face for not notifying authorities.
This may be one of those "best-to-stay-out-of-it" situations.

swalsh411

This is the part where you do one of two things.

#1. Report what you think you know about this fugitive to the authorities.

#2. Stay completely out of it. That means don't talk to anybody about it, especially not your in laws.

Anything else, other than the above, could get you in a lot of trouble.

Is any part of the above not completely clear?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? what kind of trouble could we face for not notifying authorities.
If you are asking if you have to tell police what you know the answer is no, you don't.

And if the police come to see you? Remain silent, do not go with them anywhere unless they arrest you & then, again, remain silent. I would not even open the door...let them pound or knock all they want. That's why we have doors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">