• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carorubia

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Well. I have this problem.. I was getting out of a parking lot and I hit a parked car. I got out and the car did not have any bumps.. nobodyy was in the car or near it. I stayed there for 5 minutes and I left. One hour later I had a cop knoking on my door. Now I have a "hit and run" ticket. I have to go to court, they already tolme that I could face 1 month on jail and/or pay up to $2000. Can this happen? What should I do? What can I do?
Thanks.

ANd... I have custody of my two kids... his dad doesnt sees them for the last year but he stills deposits the child support... can he get custody of the kids with this problem that I have now? Can he do something if he finds out?

Son of Slam

carorubia said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Well. I have this problem.. I was getting out of a parking lot and I hit a parked car. I got out and the car did not have any bumps.. nobodyy was in the car or near it. I stayed there for 5 minutes and I left. One hour later I had a cop knoking on my door. Now I have a "hit and run" ticket. I have to go to court, they already tolme that I could face 1 month on jail and/or pay up to $2000. Can this happen? What should I do? What can I do?
Thanks.

ANd... I have custody of my two kids... his dad doesnt sees them for the last year but he stills deposits the child support... can he get custody of the kids with this problem that I have now? Can he do something if he finds out?
You didn't brake the law when you hit the car. The odds seemed in your favor to save some time and embarrassment by leaving without communicating with the cars owner so you did. By leaving without an honest attempt to tell the owner, you broke the law. Sense the odds were in your favor and you lost you will now be taught not to gamble. That's not too bad of a deal, take it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">