• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homicide question - research.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daisy820

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Sorry for this question...I'm a writer doing research for a story, so I have some strange ones, and if anyone can answer, that would be wonderful. I apologize to anyone who thinks I'm wasting their time...that is why I opted for this board, rather than call busy law enforcement officials locally.

Questions: What is standard procedure for bringing in a suspected murderer? What might be said to them at the time if they're found with the body? (Someone walks in, and the situation is obviously suspicious - no weapon in the person's hand, but they are kneeling over the body, with blood on them?) Would they be arrested for murder or still just suspicion of murder? What would be the police procedure that would follow such an arrest?

Thanks so much for your time.

rmet4nzkx

This is too complex a question for this site. There are a number of factors involved in the forensic investivation and the conclusions drawn. I suggest you contact a larger law enforcement organization, most will have a public service or education officer who may be able to answer your detailed questions or perhaps you might want to take some law enforcement, criminal justice classes at your community college.

CdwJava

Daisy820 said:
Questions: What is standard procedure for bringing in a suspected murderer? What might be said to them at the time if they're found with the body? (Someone walks in, and the situation is obviously suspicious - no weapon in the person's hand, but they are kneeling over the body, with blood on them?) Would they be arrested for murder or still just suspicion of murder? What would be the police procedure that would follow such an arrest?
As Rmet mentioned, this is too detailed a question to answer here.

There is amuch that "might" be said to the person found at the scene. An arrest would depend on a host of things - not just the proximity to the body. The person would certainly be questioned, but whether they would be treated as a suspect or a witness really depends on the facts on hand.

In general, an arrest is not going to be made at the scene unless you have a good deal of evidence tying the individual to the murder. If he said he came across the body and had a lawful reason to be there, he likely wouldn't be arrested on the spot. But, there are too many assumptions that anyone woul dhave to make to create a reasonable hypothesis for you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">