• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hope someone can give me info on this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinklebelle

What is the name of your state? GA. I am the woman that wrote about the dead docketing of cases in GA. What I want to know is what is the statute of limitations on the crimes my daughter was charged with that are dead docketed? Burgulary, criminal trespass, stalking. How long do they have that they either have to try it or can it be thrown out due to what I read was (I think) tolling of the statutes? This is the most awful mess. My daughter is disabled and couldnt burgle to get into our house when she locked the key inside, and how can you stalk when you haven't seen the people, and they were the ones constantly contacting her and the only thing she wanted was the tremendous sum of money owed to her, and the criminal trespass was she told the car repo company where to find the car. She got the address from public records, a booking report which he gave her phone number. There were so many date discrepancies that it was pitiful and Mr. $5,000 former DA did chit. She won't even leave the house now for a few years now as she is afraid to run into them and they start trouble and get this stirred up. She lost her career and its heart breaking. So how long do they have to try her and what about statutes of limitations? Should they not have searched her premises to try and find anything of what was supposedly gone? Are they not supposed to have a warrant within reaching distance to show you and tell you what you are being arrested for, and read your rights? Help and thanks to you wonderful persons. She has become agorophobic and severely depressed since this and lives in fear as I said of them trying to start more with her to try and get her in more trouble. These people are evil.

reyn562

The general rule is this: once that case is filed in court there is no statute of limitations. I the way you are disclosing details the facts of the case as you perceive them. This is something you should be telling your attorney. I realize your daughter is disabled and has some emotional problems. From a mother's standpoint I can understand your frustrations. But keep the details to yourself: there is nothing we can do about them.

The general rule with arrest warrants is that the police must have a warrant for someone's arrest before they can remove that person from his or her home. They do not have to tell you what you are being arrested for, but generally they do: you learn of your charges when you go to court. If they do arrest you they must not told you for any unreasonable amount of time at the police station before taking you to jail where you can make a phone call for help. If police have an arrest warrant they do not have to read your Miranda rights. Police read your Miranda rights to you when they are about to question you pertaining to a case, and if you are a suspect. They must have you in custody and they must be questioning you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">