• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Housing someone with an Arrest Warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ericvause

What is the name of your state? Florida

All I know is that a friends boyfriend has a warrent for his arrest, in another state. He failed to show up for court after getting a DUI. He lives with a girlfriend, but doesn't want to get her involved and wants a place to stay until he works out, with an attorney, when he will go turn himself in.

Is it illegal for me to let him live with me until then? Would I get in legal trouble if they found him living with me?

Part of my concern is that I have have had adjudication withheld on some minor issues. Part of that agreement is for me to "behave" or else my other charges will resurface.

Thanks in Advance

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Walk away from this situation. If he has a warrant then he has a fugitive. You would be harboring a fugitive. That would be trouble. Tell him to turn himself in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">