• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I get My 911 Recording ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mec4040

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I have a question about a 911 call I made around 6 months ago. Aside from having a lawyer request this call. Can I request this 911 call myself? If yes, what dept would I start at? Also is there a set time limit that I would have to try and request this recording? Meaning, after 2 months does the police delete the 911 calls made or etc?

Thanks so much for the help.

LT

CdwJava

Did your call result in a criminal complaint? Is it possible evidence against you or someone else? Or are you just curious how you sounded on the tape?

Contact the law enforcement agency that holds the tape and ask them how to go about requesting it. Depending on the situation it may or may not be available to you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">