• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can they pay this? In a shoplifting case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsanders45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Two family members of mine were arrested in a shoplifting case at a store. If they were to get a fine could they make payments instead of paying the whole fine and if they option for payments will they get additional probations payments to worry about? One of the family members was not doing the shoplifting but was with the actual shoplifter. Could she have her case taken off somehow even though she wasn't doing the actual shoplifting?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Two family members of mine were arrested in a shoplifting case at a store. If they were to get a fine could they make payments instead of paying the whole fine and if they option for payments will they get additional probations payments to worry about? One of the family members was not doing the shoplifting but was with the actual shoplifter. Could she have her case taken off somehow even though she wasn't doing the actual shoplifting?
These are questions they should be asking of their attorney.

Good day.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If they were to get a fine could they make payments instead of paying the whole fine...
That would up to the court.

...and if they option for payments will they get additional probations payments to worry about?
What is "probations payments"?

Could she have her case taken off somehow even though she wasn't doing the actual shoplifting?
Taken off what? What are you talking about?

Your "family members" need to get an attorney. This doesn't sound like anything they can handle themselves.

bsanders45

may have the answer from a hunch.

Even though I didn't get the proper response I beleive they may have to pay the whole sum on the payment.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Even though I didn't get the proper response I beleive they may have to pay the whole sum on the payment.
Ok, I'll bite. What do YOU think the "proper" response is to a question that has many undefined variables?

ETA: I almost forgot: :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">