• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can they pick and choose?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cupcake420y

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son has 2 kids one he has 50/50 joint as mother wanted the other isn't even sure its his.

the girlfriend/ kids mom told my son where they where and to go pick them up and he with my husband.

But now the owner of the house is saying he force his way in. so they picked him up for B&E. How can they only pick him up when hubby was with him helping???? can they just pickone to charage it with ? or do they have to charage both with it.

have lawyer for son but just want to see what you all thought?:confused:

JETX

cupcake420y said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son has 2 kids one he has 50/50 joint as mother wanted the other isn't even sure its his.

the girlfriend/ kids mom told my son where they where and to go pick them up and he with my husband.

But now the owner of the house is saying he force his way in. so they picked him up for B&E. How can they only pick him up when hubby was with him helping???? can they just pickone to charage it with ? or do they have to charage both with it.

have lawyer for son but just want to see what you all thought?:confused:
My thought is that your post is extremely confusing and clearly biased in not telling the FULL story.

cupcake420y

Again we pick on the person instead of helping. NO my english spelling and language is not good . Thats what happens when your parnets don't beleave in schooling. But i can say i am prood of what i can do as far as spell and read. THANKS to my husband that did care.

Now all i want to know is how can the owner charge only my son for B&E? they had my car, my husband was with him. They did not force there way into the house . The baby sitter opend the door and let them in.

by husband begged them to book him also. All they would say was the owner doesn't want to charge you just ,your son. so u may bail him out or leave cause we are not booking u.

I read the other thread prior to it being deleted, and I have to say... It was a more than a bit confusing and certainly more drama than I would be willing to deal with in my own life. That aside - Your son and his "baby's mama" need some serious counseling and/or mediation. I doubt they should even be allowed in the same room when picking up/dropping off the kids for visitation. Where are the kids in all of this mess? Do Mom and Dad even care about the kids, other than using them as leverage to destroy each other's lives and reputations? The current situation is NOT GOOD for those children. They do not deserve to be dragged through the mud and muck of their parents' rocky relationship. I don't care who is charged with B&E, who poked who in the bellybutton, who pushed the babysitter, and YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER! WHY IS EVERYONE SO CAUGHT UP IN THIS JERRY SPRINGER ****? ISN'T THE REAL POINT TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN? Is anyone worried about them at all?

cupcake420y

my son had the boy . The cops gave her the girl that night cause she said my son wasn't the girls father. But now she has both after they picked him up for B&E.

We have tryed to see them and the mother will not let us. we go with a cop every time.
So the cop has wrote up a report witch was given to the friends of the court. witch in turn if the judge does his job , we will have my grandkids next week . He our son has also got a lawyer and is going for full custody and she will have every other weekend. right now he has 50/50 witch the judge just gave him in June, because the mother wanted it that way. He tryed to work it out with her. they each would have the kids a week. She wants to switch them every other day. i think that would be to hard on the kids

i will never understand how he could love that women and have not one but 2 kids with her. They say love is blind. like u I think they both need to go for counseling.

he has a lawyer for both things and the lawyer's will handle it all.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows how the police deside who to press charge on and who not to , when more then one person was involed in the crime?

stephenk

I think I already know the answer, but here I go anyway. Has a paternity test be done to determine if your son is the father of both kids? If no, why not?

Second, has a court order visitation schedule be obtained? Is there a support order?

Your son' s life is chaotic. Have him go to a family law attorney and get his visitation and support issues resolved through the court.

cupcake420y

stephenk said:
I think I already know the answer, but here I go anyway. Has a paternity test be done to determine if your son is the father of both kids? If no, why not?

Second, has a court order visitation schedule be obtained? Is there a support order?

Your son' s life is chaotic. Have him go to a family law attorney and get his visitation and support issues resolved through the court.
yes my son went after his rights for the boy when he was a baby. my son asked for the test .cause she keep telling welfair the father was a one night stand and she only knew his first name , witch was a lie.
the girl no. The mother came back on mothers day said she was pregnet and that it was my sons. They worked some stuff out and moved in with each other till July 2006. So no he took the moms word that it was his.

first he had every other weekend and had to pay saport. But in june 2006 the km went before the judge and asked him to give my son 50/50 joint custody, and drop the saport. and changed his last name to ours .So the judge did the order 50/50 no saport.
but there is no order on the girl

He is working with friends of the court and has a lawyer on it . He doesn't want to do a blood test on the girl . cause he is afaired its going to come back not his and we all love that little girl so much. But he knows he has to . she has his middle and last name. But he did not sign the birth records , hospital said he couldn't.

But all i wanted to know is how do the cops/owner pick whom they will charge with a crime?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it has already been stated, but the police will not arrest your husband on a B&E unless the owner of the property where it occurred presses charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">