• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How could I get an investigation started

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maikirah

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

There is a problem I'm having with a neighbor. We live in town houses and the neighbor lives two doors from me. Ever since they moved here a year ago there has been 2 liter bottles of urine thrown at my steps. I've called the police everytime it's happened, but they told me they can't do anything without proof and that we should call sanitation, but sanitation only transfered us back to the police. I know it's them doing it, I did the physics, the rate it dropped and the distance and it's coming from the second window where the male child resides. This is considered a hate crime by private investigaters but I have no money to pay them for surveillance. How can I get an investigation started by the police? Do I need a lawyer?

Thank you much.

gawm

private investigators don't get to determine what constitutes a hate crime. that will be up to the DA if charges are ever brought up. did the police at least confront them with your suspicions? are they denying it? did you try talking to the male child's parents about it?( in a non confrontational way)
other than that video surveillance would be the best way

CdwJava

Why would they feel so inclined to toss urine on your doorstep? What do they think you have done to them?

- Carl

gawm

CdwJava said:
Why would they feel so inclined to toss urine on your doorstep? What do they think you have done to them?

- Carl
maybe they think crazymooseguy lives there!

Maikirah

We didn't do anything, we're very nice people, they just hate us cause they think we're rich. I don't know why they think that, we live in Baltimore, why would we stay here if we had a choice?

CdwJava

Maikirah said:
We didn't do anything, we're very nice people, they just hate us cause they think we're rich. I don't know why they think that, we live in Baltimore, why would we stay here if we had a choice?
Sadly, it is my guess that unless there has been some serious property damage or injury, the police are not going to spend any time looking in to the matter. If you could get a video of the act occuring and they could ID a crime and a suspect, then maybe they will act.

It may be that leaving a bottle of urine in public is not a crime there ... it's hard to imagine that it might not be, but you never know.

- Carl

I had a similar problem when I moved into my current house 4 years ago. The 16yr old kid across the street would throw rocks, etc at my house in middle of the night, and other nonsense. Turns out that the prior occupants of my house had kids his age and they had a "war" going on for years.

He just targeted my house and me, since it was his normal routine. ( I did not say he was smart, lol). I just put a video recorder in the front window where he was sure to see it. Did not even turn it on most of the time. After about two weeks it subsided. I used that technique first, combined with ignoring him, since he had a little gang of friends hanging out with him most of the time, that would have loved to start a war with me to amuse themselves. (These days they come shoot you instead of soaping your windows like the times we were kids.)

If that fails, you could rent a new $1500 bicycle and leave it outside where you know he walks by. Then when he steals it, it will be a felony charge. It worked well for the officers that used that technique on one episode of "Cops" I saw.....lol,lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">