• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Get Hearn in the Courts Againist Big Corp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TeacherLady2

What is the name of your state? California

I am being charged with 2 counts of battery (242) and 1 count of 415 (3) - not sure what that is - against security guards, though I was the one who ended up with bruises.

Although I want to file counter criminal charges and fight this, I've been told that that is not up too me, but the DA. I feel very strongly that the officer was biased in the report (which I have never been allowed to get a copy), and though it was I who was wronged from the start, I am the one defending myself.

My question is:

#1 should I fight for my rights--but go up against a GIANT corporation...which might cost $10,000 OR
#2 accept the charges (fines equaling $3000, but have a permanent conviction on my record OR
#3 do whatever I can (even if if mean unfair jail time!) to get charges dropped?

Thank You

Happy Trails

TeacherLady2 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am being charged with 2 counts of battery (242) and 1 count of 415 (3) - not sure what that is - against security guards, though I was the one who ended up with bruises.

Although I want to file counter criminal charges and fight this, I've been told that that is not up too me, but the DA. I feel very strongly that the officer was biased in the report (which I have never been allowed to get a copy), and though it was I who was wronged from the start, I am the one defending myself.

My question is:

#1 should I fight for my rights--but go up against a GIANT corporation...which might cost $10,000 OR
#2 accept the charges (fines equaling $3000, but have a permanent conviction on my record OR
#3 do whatever I can (even if if mean unfair jail time!) to get charges dropped?

Thank You
I can answer what this charge is:

From California statutes:

415. Any of the following persons shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than 90 days, a fine of not more than four hundred dollars ($400), or both such imprisonment and fine:
(1) Any person who unlawfully fights in a public place or challenges another person in a public place to fight.
(2) Any person who maliciously and willfully disturbs another person by loud and unreasonable noise.
(3) Any person who uses offensive words in a public place which are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction.

Without more detailed information, your questions will be hard to answer.

ENASNI

I am being charged with 2 counts of battery (242) and 1 count of 415 (3) - not sure what that is

415. Any of the following persons shall be punished by imprisonment
in the county jail for a period of not more than 90 days, a fine of
not more than four hundred dollars ($400), or both such imprisonment
and fine:
(1) Any person who unlawfully fights in a public place or
challenges another person in a public place to fight.
(2) Any person who maliciously and willfully disturbs another
person by loud and unreasonable noise.
(3) Any person who uses offensive words in a public place which
are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction.

#1) Up to you.
#2) Up to you (ouch)
#3) I always endorse doing whatever you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">