• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get picked to be on a jury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. Warning: I have asked numerous legal questions here at free advice. If that fact is upsetting to you, please do not read this post. Thank you.
I want to do my "civic duty" but I have never been picked to be on a jury. I have now received yet another "jury summons" I am planning on wearing a nice navy blue suit and will be well rested on that day. So what else can I do to increase my chances of getting picked for jury duty? I am an older person and would love to do "jury duty" before I die. Thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION BEFORE. Good grief. Now you are repeating threads. WHY? Review what you have asked in the past. This exact thread was among them.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/legal-ethics-lawyer-malpractice-89/jury-duty-228430.html

Last edited:

violas

Oops-I thought I had asked for jury advice at craigslist

YOU ASKED THIS QUESTION BEFORE. Good grief. Now you are repeating threads. WHY? Review what you have asked in the past. This exact thread was among them.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/legal-ethics-lawyer-malpractice-89/jury-duty-228430.html
My apologies. I thought I had asked for jury advice at craigslist not here. Sorry. OK. Please delete this thread if you can. Thanks. How embarrassing!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Here is the thing -- no one can tell you what to do to get picked for a jury. The reason being is that every jury is different and every attorney is looking for something different. Depends on the case, the defendant, and the fact pattern. You won't be bumped for being part of a protected class. But you can be bumped for anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">