• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonL

What is the name of your state? California

I recently was charged with probation violation because I was driving on a suspended license. I was given the choice between jail time or I could pay $1200, do 200 hours of community service, have a suspended license for another year and three years of having a ignition interlock device in my car. Even more recently I lost my job and can barely afford my rent let alone everything else. I have the option now of paying court and having no place to live, or not paying court and having them take me to jail anyway. I would rather get if over with but I cant seem to find out how to do this. My lawyer wont return my phone calls and I don't have enough money for another one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the only thing on my record is 1 dui where I blew a .08 and did not get in a accident.

garrula lingua

You sem to have been given choices by the court.
What did you tell the Judge your choice was ?

If you want to change that choice (or make one?), just go to court; ask that your case be sent to the courtroom; ask to represent yourself; ask the Judge to change the sentence to whatever your choice is.

If you wish to change your option to jail-time, do the above & the court will have you remanded (taken into custody) from the courthouse. Have someone drive you down.

acmb05

garrula lingua said:
You sem to have been given choices by the court.
What did you tell the Judge your choice was ?

If you want to change that choice (or make one?), just go to court; ask that your case be sent to the courtroom; ask to represent yourself; ask the Judge to change the sentence to whatever your choice is.

If you wish to change your option to jail-time, do the above & the court will have you remanded (taken into custody) from the courthouse. Have someone drive you down.
Good idea, Or else be prepared to have one heck of a parking ticket, towing and storage fees when you get out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">