• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I know if my GF got reported for cyber bullying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drstrange

Ok, so I have this GF who has problems.
I understand her situation. She has an obsessive thing where she can't let things go, she starts to write her x's mean emails.
Well today I noticed the x' bf's dad's linked in profile glanced at hers. She has been stressin' out all day on me if she will be reported.
How long does she have until they will find her? how will they find her? and how will she know ? How do people go about takin' that matter to the law, and investigating cybering bullying. I know how hacking works and all that, I am in the I.T. Field, but I have never been around this situation when it comes to the law. I don't know if she is being reported or not but she is really upset at the moment. She knows she messed up, she knows she writes impulsive emails, she has aspies and it's hard to let go at times. Can someone tell me how they can find her? tha tis if they reported it. She wrote the last email last feburary and the guy glanced at the profile three days ago. This was in another state too that this x of hers lives in.

thanks,

John

CdwJava

If they live in different states, even if it IS a crime in one of those states, chances are it is a misdemeanor and not something the cops are going to expend any effort on. Sending "mean emails" is not likely to get any law enforcement agency excited at all ... and, chances are, it will not even be considered a crime any more than it would be if I called you names.

Now, if she constantly harasses her via email, text, or phone, that may be more serious - but almost certainly still a misdemeanor not likely to engage much attention from law enforcement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">