• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i take care of a check in another state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jam61072

What is the name of your state? georgia

i was stopped in a routine traffic stop in arkansas and told that i had an arrest warrent in georgia. the police in arkansas didn't arrest me and they also told me that it was for a small check that bounced. i'm in school in arkansas and in really isn't realistic that i can take off to georgia to answer a warrant for a $10 check to a pizza place. the warrant is from summer of 2000. is there a statute of limitations on that in georgia? if not, how would i go about just taking care of the stupid thing without having to across 4 states?

Last edited:

outonbail

how would i go about just taking care of the stupid thing without having to across 4 states?
You might start by making a stupid telephone call to the DA's office or sending them a stupid letter requesting information on the case and ask if it is possible to satisfy their stupid requirements for stupid bad check cases, (like taking a stupid check writing class and paying restitution to the stupid victim who accepted your worthless, stupid check) pull the warrant and close the case without you having to appear in person.

If they refuse to work with you and demand your presence, hire a not so stupid attorney who practices in the same stupid jurisdiction as your stupid case was filed in and they can probably make arrangements to handle the particulars on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">