• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Expunge after being falsely accused and found not guilty.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelmoore196

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

To make a long story short I was charged in a class c misdemeanor for thefy which I did not commit. They claimed to have all this evidence against me. I decided to go to court and fight it and not make a plea with the prosecutor because I was innocent. The witness's did not even show up and I was found not guilty and charges were dismissed. My concern is that will the accusation that I commited theft be on my record though? For example if a company I am interviewing with does a background check will the charge or accusation of theft come up even though I was not guilty? I basically want to know how can I get it expunged without a lawyer and where do I begin

Heather2

michaelmoore196 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

To make a long story short I was charged in a class c misdemeanor for thefy which I did not commit. They claimed to have all this evidence against me. I decided to go to court and fight it and not make a plea with the prosecutor because I was innocent. The witness's did not even show up and I was found not guilty and charges were dismissed. My concern is that will the accusation that I commited theft be on my record though? For example if a company I am interviewing with does a background check will the charge or accusation of theft come up even though I was not guilty? I basically want to know how can I get it expunged without a lawyer and where do I begin
For $85 you can get the package to do it yourself.
Go here: http://freeadvice.com/legalforms/index.php
and type in expunge and the name of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">