• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find allegation on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J123

What is the name of your state? California.

I am kind of puzzled. Few weeks back I met this girl online. We went out for a week or so but did not workout. I told her softly that it is not working out and lets call it a quit.

She did not like that went to the Police. I have no idea for what. Police called me and wanted to talk. In that case I have to hire a lawyer. It is now about 2 months sinse that time and I even don't know for what she went to the Police.

My lawyer told me that if some thing do not happen for 3 months then it is possible that nothing will happen.

I want to get on with my life but my lawyer is not able to tell me the status of my case. I even don't know what is the case/allegation. Someone told me that it is possible that lawyer might not tell you anything or they might not know anything. I am not sure what is going on and how to proceed with this case.

Please help.

Thank you,
J123

outonbail

What city and county did this take place in? I ask because some of the counties in California provide access to court records on line. If your case was filed in one of the counties that provide this service, like Riverside or San Bernardino, you may be able to find information on your own....

CdwJava

I cannot imagine that any court action has been started without your being arrested or asked to provide a detailed statement.

And only you know what might be alleged ... if she is underage I can guess what she is alleging. If she is an adult, perhaps she is alleging rape, assault, or something else.

Unless you are in another county far from the investigating agency, or your address is unknown to them, I wouldn't worry that something hidden is going on.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">