• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to find out if i have a warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xjbmx

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in a situation where i have just moved from Texas to Georgia and i need to find out if i have an arrest warrant out for me in Texas. Is there a records office i can call or a free or inexpensive way to find out if i have a warrant out for me?

Any help is greatly appreciated

JETX

xjbmx said:
WIs there a records office i can call or a free or inexpensive way to find out if i have a warrant out for me?
Yep. Walk into any local police department and ask them to check the NCIC for wants and warrants on you.
Or you can contact the police in your old city/town/county and ask them.

xjbmx

Yea but if i walk in to the police station and i do have a warrant will i be arrested on the spot?

JETX

xjbmx said:
Yea but if i walk in to the police station and i do have a warrant will i be arrested on the spot?
Depending on the charge, that is likely.
You asked for "a free or inexpensive way"!!! I gave it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">