• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get Judge to force police to do their job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

civilrights1

California

I want to know how to go to federal court and get an order from a judge to arresst those I know committed serious felonies...is this possible and what kind of action do lawyers call this?

Last edited:

tranquility

The executive enforces the laws. You must convince a judge to force the executive to arrest someone. I don't recall that ever happening. I could be wrong, and recognize there are definitional issues, but that's my understanding.

If you can't get the police or the district attorney to care, go to state agencies. If you can't get them to care, go to federal agencies. If you can't get them to care, you should realize what everyone else here already realizes, maybe you're wrong.

CdwJava

Enforcement is largely a political issue. All because you "KNOW" someone has committed a crime, does not mean there is probable cause to make the arrest or that there exists proof beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction at trial.

If the police won't take the report or make the arrest, speak to supervisors at the agency. Then, speak to the DA. If all else fails, go to the local politicians and even the media.

It's likely that there is currently insufficient proof to support an arrest and prosecution. Knowing and proving are two different issues.

- Carl

xylene

The fact that your post is about 2 sentences is MASSIVELY suggestive that their is something to the nature of these 'Felonies' and or the circumstances that is HIGHLY suspect.

Please tell a coherent story, otherwise you are just a crank with a complaint that the police are powerless to do anything about.

>I want to know how to go to federal court and get an order from a judge to arresst those I >know committed serious felonies...is this possible and what kind of action do lawyers all this?

Be more specific. What exactly do you think these alleged criminals did? What proof do you have that they did this alleged criminal act?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">