• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get out of testifying?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquadolphin1968

:rolleyes: Is there any legal way I can get out of testifying in court? I am suppose to tesify in an attemted murder case in which I am the victim. I have also been taking anti- depressants along with a sleeping pill that make me drowsey through out the day. How credible of a witness would I be?

seniorjudge

aquadolphin1968 said:
:rolleyes: Is there any legal way I can get out of testifying in court? I am suppose to tesify in an attemted murder case in which I am the victim. I have also been taking anti- depressants along with a sleeping pill that make me drowsey through out the day. How credible of a witness would I be?
No, you cannot get out of testifying.

Just Blue

aquadolphin1968 said:
Have a talk with your doctor about your medication...You should not be sleepy all day...Try taking it at night around 9...that way when it kicks in you will be going to bed anyway...It may also take away the need for a sleeping aid...

:eek: Man, I'd be sleepy all day too, if I was as busy as you are with all these criminals. Do you know anyone not currently incarcerated or in court? Yikes, someone needs to look at aqua's other posts.

Kane

Someone tried to kill you, and you want to obstruct his trial?

Let me guess: you're not sleeping with him, are you?

Two Bit

I've been a cop for nine years. I've testified in hunderds of hearings and trials. If we had a good system for getting out of testifying, I'd know about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">