• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MelPurvis

What is the name of your state? Pa.

I have a friend(read loser) that has had a warrant for back child support. When I found out (2 months ago) I asked him not to stop by anymore. Last night the Philadelphia Warrant Unit came over at 12:42. My 120lb guard dog would not let them in. I went out to speak with them, check ID and read the warrant. All it said was that he was at my house earlier that day and they want to search the house. At this point I declined to let them enter and we discussed options. They were going to call ther local PD and have them serve a search warrant.

1. If that was not a warrant that allowed them entry what was it?

We agreed to let 2 of the six officers in if they were quiet and did not disturbs my sleeping kids. They agreed and didn't even look upstairs. The were friendly and courteous however said since his exgirl friend gave them my name they would be returning to look again.

2. If I make them get the local PD involved with a search warrant will that warrant have an expiration date?

My Mom planned a suprise visit to the kids this weekend and I don't want here to be suprised.

Thanks

JETX

"1. If that was not a warrant that allowed them entry what was it?"
*** Please provide a copy of the 'warrant' and we'll advise.

"2. If I make them get the local PD involved with a search warrant will that warrant have an expiration date?"
*** Depends. Provide a copy of that one when you get it.

"My Mom planned a suprise visit to the kids this weekend and I don't want here to be suprised."
*** Suggestion: How about calling your friend and inviting him over this Friday night at 9pm. Then, have the police show up at 9:30pm. Case solved and you won't have to worry about them 'comin' a knockin'.

MelPurvis

They already know where he works and when he is there. I called him there this morning and told him how much we value his friendship and appreciate everything he is doing for us. If we invite him over I guess my kids can learn the workings of the PD up close.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">