• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long before i can get my car back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bkay

What is the name of your state? oregon

i bought a car from a private party on 8-26, on 8-30 my son and i were in the car and were pulled over half a block from our home. we found out that the car had been used in a series of armed robberies before we bought it and it was seized as evidence. the detective thinks i know the robbers so now he is holding my car ransom and trying to get me to come meet with him to "plan a strategy" for catching the robbers. i do not know the previous owners of the car, the car was brought to me by an aquaintance, who also spoke with the detective that night. i don't know what to do because when i called the detective to ask him he just keeps telling me that i will get my car back when he catches the robbers. does this sound legal? he also took all of my paperwork when he took the car, my dmv title transfer, loan papers etc. he won't even give those back to me until i come talk to him. i told him i don't know anything else and would prefer not to help him track down armed robbers. but i want my car! :confused:

S

shawn6988

jetx you are worthless!!

get a life jetx, your replies are worthless like this site is.people think they can actually get some free legal questions answered and people like you respond.Your a waste of time!
Your response is to do what the officer say's,like they didn't think of that.I don't know if this person really knows or not but,you could only guess that they don't.There are people out there that are not guilt and not just pleading that they are!
You must be a dumba** and know nothing about the criminal system.Or you would also know that police use there badge as power to get what they want,right or wrong.Just like any job they want to look good and solve the case.Cop's aren't always honest incase you didn't know.I've had cop's try to do somewhat of the same thing to me and I did what they asked and the truth was the cop had no power to make the offer. He got what he wanted but I still got screwed.
So jetx, go read some case's or piss a cop off and then come back and answer some questions.dont bother replying to this.Cause I'm not going to waste my time with this site, due to people like you!
And bkay,file a request with the court for the release is all you can do(but rarly works).They can hold it for how ever long they want I've found out, unless they reasons the impounded it for were wrong, or improper procedure.But even that is hard to prove without $$$.Stay out of trouble before it's to late.

jimnyc

Shawn, you are an admitted criminal with a past record. Your motorcycle has been impounded pending investigation. You were given answers to your question, and apparently didn't like them. You have devoted an entire website to your "situation" which after reading, seemed to only bolster the rights the police have to hold onto your bike.

You now feel it necessary to condemn a user that helps countless users on this board for FREE.

It's a transparent attempt to discredit someone who you are angry with because YOU can't get out of your own stupidity.

:D

B

bkay

i've thought about doing that but when i called an attorney they advised me not to meet with this detective, they said they know him and he thinks he's a tough guy, also that i wouldn't want to be deeper, i don't know the people who committed the crimes in the car i only know the "middle man" who brought the car to me and as i said the detective also knows him, so my reasoning would be that since he gets paid to track people down and solve crimes he should take the lead that he has and pursue it, not try to hold my car ransom to get me to help him solve his case. he has even admitted to me that i am also a victim in this case, so why would he want to victimize me further by getting armed robbers mad at me too for helping him find them? is there any protection for me at this point? i truly am an innocent victim!

S

shawn6988

jimny i didn't your opinion

jimny, i posted it to get technical advice, you don't know the whole story.The truth is that there is a way, to get mine back because of the process in which they did it.The problem is it get technical and takes a skilled attorney to present it the right way,but I can't afford one.Or else trust me,I would have it back.If you knew the whole story like the fact the guy never reported his ''so called bike" stolen which had happend 3 months before.Means there was no probable cause to believe they could be stolen and that the so called bike of his wasn't even in his name or that they dont make a '86 zx750a.This is just a couple reasons.So,just f*** off and join jetx you would make a great couple.this place is full of a bunch of wanna be attorney's.

Also,the fact that I have a record doen't mean I should get screwed by the system for the rest of my life.I did my time and learned from it and made a total 180*, then out of no where this happend

jimnyc

Re: jimny i didn't your opinion

shawn6988 said:
jimny, i posted it to get technical advice, you don't know the whole story.The truth is that there is a way, to get mine back because of the process in which they did it.The problem is it get technical and takes a skilled attorney to present it the right way,but I can't afford one.Or else trust me,I would have it back.If you knew the whole story like the fact the guy never reported his ''so called bike" stolen which had happend 3 months before.Means there was no probable cause to believe they could be stolen and that the so called bike of his wasn't even in his name or that they dont make a '86 zx750a.This is just a couple reasons.So,just f*** off and join jetx you would make a great couple.this place is full of a bunch of wanna be attorney's.

Also,the fact that I have a record doen't mean I should get screwed by the system for the rest of my life.I did my time and learned from it and made a total 180*, then out of no where this happend
I don't know the whole story? Maybe you should update your website then to let users know that pertinent details have been left out!

I am not a "wannabe attorney", I'm not an attorney at all. It didn't take an attorney to come to my conclusion, it was just good 'ol common sense!

My point still stands. With the posts you have made AND what is on your website, there is no reason I see that the police are not entitled to detain your bike until the investigation has been completed. You didn't like the answers you received. You lashed out with vulgarity towards the poster, just as you have towards me in this instance.

Is there any wonder left to anyone as to why the police don't want to work with you?

JETX

This to 'shawn-baby', the convicted whiner....

"your replies are worthless like this site is."
*** Then why are YOU here???

"people think they can actually get some free legal questions answered and people like you respond."
*** Yep. Got a problem with ACCURATE legal advice, huh??

"Your a waste of time!"
*** Again, then why did you even respond.... especially considering that you have NOTHING to do with this issue or thread.

"Your response is to do what the officer say's,like they didn't think of that."
*** And lets see...... where is YOUR legal advice??? Or do you just enjoy pissing into the wind??

"I don't know if this person really knows or not but,you could only guess that they don't."
*** Care to translate that one into English for the educated??

"There are people out there that are not guilt and not just pleading that they are!"
*** Again, needs translation.

"You must be a dumba** and know nothing about the criminal system."
*** I have put more idiots like you IN jail and prison then you can count.

"Or you would also know that police use there badge as power to get what they want,right or wrong."
*** No argument. There are some bad officers occasionally, since officers are simple, meer humans. Something you obviously know nothing about.

"Just like any job they want to look good and solve the case."
*** How would you know anything about a job?? The only thing you have ever done is make license plates!!

"Cop's aren't always honest incase you didn't know."
*** Regretablyl, I realize that not all cops are honest. I do know though that they are no longer officers when they are found.

"I've had cop's try to do somewhat of the same thing to me and I did what they asked and the truth was the cop had no power to make the offer."
*** Okay. Further proof that you are an idiot.

"He got what he wanted but I still got screwed."
*** How is old 'jailhouse Bubba' anyway. Bet you squealed like a pig, huh???

"So jetx, go read some case's or piss a cop off and then come back and answer some questions.dont bother replying to this."
*** Oh, but it is fun taking out the little part of your mind and playing with it. Wonder if I will put it back..... seems so lonely in there. :)

"Cause I'm not going to waste my time with this site, due to people like you!"
*** Shame that this entire response won't be seen by you. Damn, and I was starting to have some fun. I was enjoying out little battle of wits, until I realized that you were unarmed.

"And bkay,file a request with the court for the release is all you can do(but rarly works).They can hold it for how ever long they want I've found out, unless they reasons the impounded it for were wrong, or improper procedure.But even that is hard to prove without $$$.Stay out of trouble before it's to late."
*** Finally, some sound advice. Guess someone helped you with that one, huh???

So long now, ya'll come back, ya-hear!!

P

profesao

JETX a cop?

Jetx,
Every posted reply sounds like you are a want to be cop or a D.A. You have not hlped the public in any fair responses. You act like a COP is ABOVE the law.

JETX

BWAAAHHHHWWW!
And you act like you are below the law. Oh, and if you want to know, yes, I was a law enforcement officer for a lot of years. And you were a 4th grader..... for a lot of years.
:)

P

profesao

My point exactly

JETX said:
BWAAAHHHHWWW!
And you act like you are below the law. Oh, and if you want to know, yes, I was a law enforcement officer for a lot of years. And you were a 4th grader..... for a lot of years.
:)
I was right, you were a cop, I could smell you from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">