• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can someone be investigated or "watched" by police or detectives?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdiane

From Wisconsin......what appears to be some kind of investigation has been going on for more than 5 years now. What so long and what could they be looking for ?

Thank You For Your Help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From Wisconsin......what appears to be some kind of investigation has been going on for more than 5 years now. What so long and what could they be looking for ?

Thank You For Your Help
Do you really think we could guess? :confused::confused:

Astrolink

Thank You For Your Help
All I can say is I work in a locked mental health facility and I hear similar stories of being watched everyday.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Okay ... unless you are John Gotti or involved in some form of organized crime, no one has the resources to follow, track, or otherwise investigate someone for 5 years. heck, in many instances the statute of limitations would expire during that time period.

And, if you heard about this while working in a locked mental health facility, and you heard it from the patients, well ... that sorta says it all.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Okay ... unless you are John Gotti or involved in some form of organized crime, no one has the resources to follow, track, or otherwise investigate someone for 5 years. heck, in many instances the statute of limitations would expire during that time period.

And, if you heard about this while working in a locked mental health facility, and you heard it from the patients, well ... that sorta says it all.
*whispering* Hey, Carl, ... Astrolink is the one who works in a locked mental health facility but Astro is not the OP. I think you got confused.

CdwJava

*whispering* Hey, Carl, ... Astrolink is the one who works in a locked mental health facility but Astro is not the OP. I think you got confused.
Oops ... oh ... I thought it was the OP. My bad. Perhaps the OP was one of the previous "guests?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">