• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does th da have to file charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state?California

Last year in 2004 the first of September I was arrested for drugs in a prison. I did 2 days in jail and was released never saw a judge or anyone. Was not released on bail or on an OR. I was told by the jailer that I should call monthly for a year. I called every month to see if there was a warrant for me and was told no that in their computer is said "past due for probable case"

i was told by 2 attorneys the DA had 1 year to file charges against me now I am being told by a friend that is a police officer that the DA has 2 years. Who is right?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state?California

Last year in 2004 the first of September I was arrested for drugs in a prison. I did 2 days in jail and was released never saw a judge or anyone. Was not released on bail or on an OR. I was told by the jailer that I should call monthly for a year. I called every month to see if there was a warrant for me and was told no that in their computer is said "past due for probable case"

i was told by 2 attorneys the DA had 1 year to file charges against me now I am being told by a friend that is a police officer that the DA has 2 years. Who is right?
What kind of drugs?

It could be that they handled it within the prison. But, since most felonies have a three year statute of limitations, it sounds like your friends may all be wrong.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">