• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how much for expungement???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al7601

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I was arrested a few years ago for possesion CDS, a felony charge but was given PTI in NJ for 6 Months which I finished 8 months ago. I am eligable to get the arrest expunged but am not sure how much is too much or what is a reasonable price for an attorney's help??? can this be done by myself???

Nico_1

I spoke with my atty today concerning this very subject. He told me an expungement would cost $550.

outonbail

thanks everyone for all your opinions. the respones were over whelming. thanks again!!
This question doesn't have any set answer. You will need to consult with an attorney familiar with expunging procedures in your area to first see if it is even possible.
If so, you will then have to retain them to accomplish this for you. Hence, just like hiring an attorney for any other situation, their prices will vary.

So you should probably speak to several who offer free first time consultations and see if they all give you the same answers regarding the chances of successfully accomplishing this and what their rates are to do the same.

Then decide which one you felt most comfortable with and/or is in your price range and retain them.

I would think $500.00 would be a low end figure and $2,500.00 would be the high end.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">