• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much jail time do you have to serve?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellyshell10

california (only U.S. law)?
My boyfriend got a DUI in 2009 that was his first and only. The judge didn't give him any jail time when that happened but he gave him probation,montly payments for the fines and he had to enroll himself in DUI classes. Well sad to say he never took care of his arragments the DUI classes or payin his monthy fines! So that turned into a warrant. Later on he got caught driving on a suspened license he didn't get arrested but got a ticket to go to court. He didn't show up. So recently he got stopped by a police officer while he was walkin to the store. He got arrested for his 2 outstand warrants( violating his probation and driving with a suspened license) I mentioned above. How much jail time will he have to do? He's been in jail for about a week now he sees the judge monday.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

california (only U.S. law)?
My boyfriend got a DUI in 2009 that was his first and only. The judge didn't give him any jail time when that happened but he gave him probation,montly payments for the fines and he had to enroll himself in DUI classes. Well sad to say he never took care of his arragments the DUI classes or payin his monthy fines! So that turned into a warrant. Later on he got caught driving on a suspened license he didn't get arrested but got a ticket to go to court. He didn't show up. So recently he got stopped by a police officer while he was walkin to the store. He got arrested for his 2 outstand warrants( violating his probation and driving with a suspened license) I mentioned above. How much jail time will he have to do? He's been in jail for about a week now he sees the judge monday.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Lets see... A DUI can carry a sentence of anywhere between 2 days and up to 6 months; driving while suspended can carry a sentence of anywhere between 5 days and up to 6 months... Then there's the V.O.P....

Whether those can/will run concurrently, whether the judge/DA will have any sympathy, whether his county has overcrowded jails, is anyone's guess.

There is no definitive answer to your question... It really "depends"...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">