• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to obtain a police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G8erB8

What is the name of your state? florida

How do I get a copy of a police report? I tried calling the sheriffs office but they said I couldnt get it cause the case is still ongoing. That doesnt seem right to me. What else can I pull on the case so I have more information? I got pulled over street racing.

racer72

You file for discovery as part of challenging the citation. Police reports are rarely used as evidence in court so the odds of getting it is slim and none.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
racer72 said:
You file for discovery as part of challenging the citation. Police reports are rarely used as evidence in court so the odds of getting it is slim and none.
Police reports are public record. In Ohio they are part of the public record and police stations still don't recognize it. Try using FOIA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">