• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How serious do you think the L.A.P.D. will take this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaggmann

CA

I caught some guy poring bleach into my gas tank of my work truck. When I approached him, he threw some of the bleach on me an ran. I chased him, he climbed over a wall. I recovered the plastic 1 gallon water container he had the bleach in, the 1/4" tube and the small funnel he used. I wasn't hurt and the amount of bleach he put in my truck was minimal. The police took a thorough report.

My question is; Will the police take the fingerprints off those objects found and how serious do you think the L.A.P.D. will take this.

Thank you for the response.

Antigone*

CA

I caught some guy poring bleach into my gas tank of my work truck. When I approached him, he threw some of the bleach on me an ran. I chased him, he climbed over a wall. I recovered the plastic 1 gallon water container he had the bleach in, the 1/4" tube and the small funnel he used. I wasn't hurt and the amount of bleach he put in my truck was minimal. The police took a thorough report.

My question is; Will the police take the fingerprints off those objects found and how serious do you think the L.A.P.D. will take this.

Thank you for the response.
I don't think they'll send out a dragnet if that is what you're thinking.

CdwJava

You can ask them whether they will take prints or not, but, given budget constraints, they may not.

You can always call and ask for the investigating officer and find out what they are doing about the matter. Keep in mind that unlike television, prints require that they have a good and solid print with three or more points of reference (i.e. a nice, clean print), AND for a hit to be made it will require that the person who belongs to the print already be in the system.

They might do it,they might not. Even if they do it, there is no guarantee that they will send it off for evaluation or that the evaluation will be conducted in a timely manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">