• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hrs wants her urine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlanzana

What is the name of your state?florida--hrs wants urine from friend just because they received an anonymous call that she uses cocaine/marijuana--nor true...what rights does she have?---does she even have to cooperate? can she just refuse because it is hearsay?

CdwJava

Jlanzana said:
What is the name of your state?florida--hrs wants urine from friend just because they received an anonymous call that she uses cocaine/marijuana--nor true...what rights does she have?---does she even have to cooperate? can she just refuse because it is hearsay?
What is "HRS"?

If she is on probation with search and/or test stipulations, then she probably can't refuse. There may be other obligations that require her to submit or lose certain government benefits as well.

- Carl

Jlanzana

no record or probation

state florida---no she is totally clean--no arrests or probation--so i ask again --can the ****'s at hrs force her to submit to a test on ananymous heasay?--I mean this is family vendetta bull***T and she is squeaky clean--can she just tell them to take a hike or will they do a **** raid in the night and take her son away and her to jail?---don't forget NO record NO NOTHIN'

Jlanzana

Hrs

HRS is the family protection wing of our fascist state government--they are responsible for investigations of abuse,neglect.etc. on children--the funny thing is their record of losing or children dying in their care is the worst of all-----go figure

CdwJava

Jlanzana said:
HRS is the family protection wing of our fascist state government--they are responsible for investigations of abuse,neglect.etc. on children--the funny thing is their record of losing or children dying in their care is the worst of all-----go figure
I presume, then, that she is under som esort of supervision contract with them because of her children? If so, if she refuses to take the test, she might be in violation of that contract and they might move to have the children removed.

Her choice.

- Carl

outonbail

If someone made an anonymous call to be vindictive and she is truly clean, she should let these child protection service people know that she is ready and willing, forthwith!

The child protection people have the duty of looking into any allegations that if true, have the potential to adversely effect the child(ren). While I don't know the exact figures, I imagine that in the majority of cases, where people making calls anonymously to report endangerment, physical abuse, drug use, etc. on a part of the parent(s) it has proven to be a legitimate claim on a variety of levels.

When they are investigating a claim that a parent is using, there is only one proven method to determine if the parent is in fact using or not, test them! Otherwise the claims of she's clean, are un-proven. You don't know if your friend is using unless you are able to and have tested her yourself, so stop being a codependent and tell her to take the damn test! Your opinion is not proof, period!

No one can be 100% sure that what they see tells the story. In a case with drugs, they have to have lab work to substantiate weather a claim is true or false, there's no other way.

Put yourself in the case workers shoes. You have seen time and time again, that in the majority of cases where parent(s) are accused of drug addiction and they are not users, they are more than happy to put the claim to rest by submitting to a test on the spot.

You also see that in the majority of cases where the parent(s) are indeed guilty of doing illegal drugs, they begin to look for ways to delay the testing or put it off altogether by claiming some right is being violated. Just like your friend is in the process of doing right now. What would you think if you were in their shoes? The same thing you should be thinking now, why? why not test? why not prove what your so sure of? why, why, why???

Until she does, she is just postponing the inevitable. Because, if the anonymous party reporting this allegation, did so to be vindictive, knowing the claim is false and your friend doesn't cooperate with the requests to medically prove it, one way or the other, she will be looked at as if she's guilty. Then, the anonymous caller can, at will, make another anonymous call whenever she wants and begin this cycle all over again and again and again. So until your friend proves otherwise, they are going to act as if there is some merit to these supposedly false claims.

Remember, they are only interested in the well being of the child If your friend is clean and she anxiously agrees to the test being done immediately, then comes up clean, she can nip this thing in the bud. Chances are, she would already have ended the whole mess.

She will also have ended it while proving her credibility in the eyes of the child services folks and future allegations of this sort will be taken with a grain of salt.

However, the longer she delays, the more it will appear as if she was buying time to "clean up".

Think about it this way, if your friend doesn't have anything to hide, all she has to do is piss! We all do it, several times a day. She's being asked to do something she will be doing anyway. So it's a bottle instead of a bowl, tell her squat on down and put a stop to this crap now.

If for any reason, she keeps putting it off or refuses altogether, your friend is on dope, it's as simple as that......

Jlanzana

you are what's wrong with thesystem

well I haven't heard back either way but I have to say to the last long reply sender outonbail I think.. that YOU are the type that would just usher in a fascist state with thunderous applause..."nothing to hide" "just do it"...it's the principle man...I don't care if she does anything or not...if she does she does it responsibly and doesn't endanger hr children...but that's not the point....the point is,,,I don't want some damn government agency arbitrarily deciding they can run and/or ruin my life on hearsay and anonymous calls...that my friend is FASCISM--outonbail why don't you go back to writing for the bush camp or maybe you can find some other town or hamlet where you can spout your diatribe on trampling on peoples rights and liberties in the name of "safety for the children".

CdwJava

Jlanzana said:
I don't care if she does anything or not...if she does she does it responsibly and doesn't endanger hr children...but that's not the point....the point is,,,I don't want some damn government agency arbitrarily deciding they can run and/or ruin my life on hearsay and anonymous call
First, there is no such thing as "responsibly" using cocaine. A CNS stimulant has long term repercussions and regular users are a demonstrated danger to their children in oh so many ways.

As for the "arbitrary" part, I think you are missing something here. Since you have never told me WHAT HRS is, I assume they are your local Child Protective Services Agency. If so, then she has likely been through "the system" and has had her children returned to her under certain conditions - and those conditions apparently include a provision to test on request. They didn't just call her out of the blue and accuse her of using and ask her to test. If they did THAT, I would agree that she should tell them to pound sand. But, there is almost certainly a tie here that you are missing or have failed to mention.

- carl

Jlanzana

no record or ties to authority

for the last time she has NO record nor does she have any involvement with any government agency for any wrongdoing --this happens here in florida all the time and by the way yes HRS is the same as child protective services

CdwJava

Jlanzana said:
for the last time she has NO record nor does she have any involvement with any government agency for any wrongdoing --this happens here in florida all the time and by the way yes HRS is the same as child protective services
Then I would say that she HAS no legal obligation to test for them. If she is not under any contract, probation, or any other obligatory arrangement with HRS or court, then I would think she can tell them to pound sand.

However, that MIGHT result in their taking action in court to seize her children provided the information they had was credible or can be substantiated in some way. I doubt they would tell her the source of the information if they truly knew it. if they told her their source was "anonymous" it may simply mean that they are not going to tell her the source.

My recommendation would be that she consult an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">