• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband falsely arrested for domestic violence because of bruises from medical cond.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gene61

What is the name of your state? fl
My husband was arrested because the police officers thought he beat me up. I repeatedly told them that my bruises were from a blood disorder called itp that i have. He did not believe anything that I said. The state automatically presses charges if they suspect abuse. I had medical records. An ex friend called and said he beat me up. I was in total shock to see my husband arrested. They did not even let me say goodbye to him. I have to go to state attorneys office tuesday to prove i have a medical condition. I can't even see or talk to my husband. Its an emotional nightmare. His courtdate is nov. 26. If they drop the charges then i still have to wait till courtdate for judge to drop restraining order he put into effect. He called me the victim. I am not a victim of anything but people not listening to the truth. What can we do to the people who knew I had a medical condition that called the police on my husband? They have totally ruined my life. Tiffany

calatty

If you can produce your doctor and documentation of a medical condition that causes bruising, then you should be able to demonstrate his innocence at trial. If the state's attorney is giving you a chance to bring in documentation, that means he might be willing to dismiss the case if the documentation proves your claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">