• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hypothetical question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hermit1

I've beat this to death on other forums... but I find it an interesting question.

If I had enough money, and enough resources... like if I won the powerball and had had nothing better to do.

Providing I won 250 million dollars, used that as collateral to take out whatever needed to be done insofar as loans.

I want to form my own country and my own laws.

I form my own country, declare you all felons in absentia and declare everyone in the world a convicted felon.

Are you all (particularly those of you in the US), considered convicted felons according to your own state laws insofar as voting and 2d ammendment rights?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
hermit1 said:
I've beat this to death on other forums... but I find it an interesting question.

If I had enough money, and enough resources... like if I won the powerball and had had nothing better to do.

Providing I won 250 million dollars, used that as collateral to take out whatever needed to be done insofar as loans.

I want to form my own country and my own laws.

I form my own country, declare you all felons in absentia and declare everyone in the world a convicted felon.

Are you all (particularly those of you in the US), considered convicted felons according to your own state laws insofar as voting and 2d ammendment rights?
No. Nada. No way. Just because someone says it is that doesn't make it so -- especially in this situation for a multitude of reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">