• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was arrested...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desade

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was arrested a few days ago on some very bogus charges...to make a very long and drawn out story short, I was charged with possesion of a controlled substance, intent to sell, possesion of a firearm and being legally intoxicated. I was also charged with shoplifting and driving with an expired licence. Almost all of these charges were true, I had some pot to smoke but didn' plan to sell it, I had my glock. I was drunk because I spent most of the morning drinking vodka and maybe I might have switched out shirts in the bathroom stall of a walmart. And when I left in my car I was stopped and found to have a suspended licences. As I was leaving the store, I was assulted by the stop prevention people and was beaten savegly and then dragged into a backroom wear they photographed me in some very strange poses. One guy kept calling me darling and another made me bark like a dog and wear a leash. Anyway, the store found out about this treatment and dismissed the charges. Should I sue?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was arrested a few days ago on some very bogus charges...to make a very long and drawn out story short, I was charged with possesion of a controlled substance, intent to sell, possesion of a firearm and being legally intoxicated. I was also charged with shoplifting and driving with an expired licence. Almost all of these charges were true, I had some pot to smoke but didn' plan to sell it, I had my glock. I was drunk because I spent most of the morning drinking vodka and maybe I might have switched out shirts in the bathroom stall of a walmart. And when I left in my car I was stopped and found to have a suspended licences. As I was leaving the store, I was assulted by the stop prevention people and was beaten savegly and then dragged into a backroom wear they photographed me in some very strange poses. One guy kept calling me darling and another made me bark like a dog and wear a leash. Anyway, the store found out about this treatment and dismissed the charges. Should I sue?

I am not sure I believe your story; but in the event it is real, here is my answer

No, you should consider yourself lucky. Stop doing drugs, drinking and shoplifting.

desade

It is very true..I was made to wear a wig and sing the Annie song Tommorow...I was very embarresed when they made me shave my legs...

I didn't realize pot was a hallucinogen. That had to be some serious stuff you were on to make you think this up. "Savagely beaten" and "dragged into a backroom" at Wal-Mart? I have never in all my life at any time of day (and I've been out at all hours to go shopping) been at a Wal-Mart where something like this could have happened without a witness. Also, you forgot the part where if this were true you would have been charged with a DUI also.

Also, I'm familiar with the Marquis and his works. The things you describe sound much like one of his tales would had he lived in modern times and not died nearly 200 years ago.

Just Blue

look when I was xcharged they told me to dress up in some halloween costumes ans I figured why not but whne they shaved mty legs and made me wear a wig and took pictures that later appeared on facebook I decided I needed to make stand. This town has been gaainst me for years and when they get the chance they try to take me out. I am a very powerful person here so when those pictures were posted on facebook I was shocked. Let's face it how would you like to be on the internet wearing a wig and shaving your legs? I doubt you would like it. Yes, I was drunk because I like to drink but it doesn't mean I have to spend fiftyeen minutes in a dark clost with a can of rediwhip and a guy named frankie...I think I should sue but not sure ion the amount..
Did Frankie think you looked pretty? Is he gonna ask you to marry him? If he is you should learn to make homemade whipped cream...Rediwhip is gross.

Antigone*

look when I was xcharged they told me to dress up in some halloween costumes ans I figured why not but whne they shaved mty legs and made me wear a wig and took pictures that later appeared on facebook I decided I needed to make stand. This town has been gaainst me for years and when they get the chance they try to take me out. I am a very powerful person here so when those pictures were posted on facebook I was shocked. Let's face it how would you like to be on the internet wearing a wig and shaving your legs? I doubt you would like it. Yes, I was drunk because I like to drink but it doesn't mean I have to spend fiftyeen minutes in a dark clost with a can of rediwhip and a guy named frankie...I think I should sue but not sure ion the amount..
40 million sounds like a good solid figure :rolleyes:

If a guy named Frank who uses the nickname Frankie works at a Wal-Mart in Indiana could he sue this moron for slander? That would be hilarious.

Just Blue

If a guy named Frank who uses the nickname Frankie works at a Wal-Mart in Indiana could he sue this moron for slander? That would be hilarious.
I actually think I will sue OP for the disgusting visual of him in a Annie costume having ....whipped cream...with some fat guy named Frankie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">