• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was assaulted and degraded by an auction comapny and more! Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donniedarkflo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
I was bidding on an online auction that a company was having. I won a few different items and showed up to the actual location of the auction so I could pick up my merchandise and pay for it. After the auction I was collecting my goods and ran into a problem. Besides the problem the company owners are a lawyer, and two owners of his family which are female. I think one is wife not sure which one. But one is a cashier and the other was being auctioneer sometimes. I understand they can bid but she bid on everything I wanted...no big deal. Anyways the problem was they pictured an item I wanted but apparently it was the wrong picture online...So I really won something that I didn't want because of their error. Which they admitted. I was irritated because that to me is just BAD BUSINESS! But to make things worse the person that won it was the auctioneer lady! I asked the cashier if I was getting my item or not. Otherwise I wanted to void all my items. She said no I was in a contract with www.auctionzip.com and had to pay for them. And that she would remove the item that they had listed wrong so I wouldn't have to pay for it. Which sounds good but I really wanted that item and figured they could at least re-auction it so I could have a chance at getting it. But when I asked that the cashier got really upset. And said "Do you want me to get a lawyer in here? He's the owner!" So I replied with "Yes! Get a f##ckin lawyer in here!" Because she was acting as if I was doing something wrong! I didn't even receive an apology! This is where it gets good...I was then caught off guard with what she did next. She exploded and grabbed my hand and jerked me towards the door saying, "GET THE F##CK OUTTA HERE AND DON'T EVER F##CKIN COME BACK!!!" Mind you I hadn't paid for any of my items yet. So walked right out the door and noticed my hand was bleeding...she had cut me with two of her nails in the process. So I called the police. It was a county so the sheriffs showed up...eventually. But they seemed like they were working for her. They acted as if I had done something wrong too. And instead of arresting her or anything! They had me fill out a statement...no injury report....no incident report.....didn't get her information! I felt it was handled very incorrectly...but what do I know! They went in and questioned her and asked to see her footage she said "She didn't have the key." So the officers said they would come back today or tomorrow to view it....I WANT JUSTICE! At the least she should be charged for assaulting me! But I am willing to go the distance to make sure another person isn't degraded in public like I was! It was ridiculous!!!! The police had me pay for my items and I was given no receipt. They took the item off of my bill. Which is good. But the last straw was after I gave my statement and drove home in my items was the doll that I bought but wasn't pictured it was the haunted houses that were pictured. So I feel like they put the doll in just to shove it in my face some more! I feel very disrespected by both the auction company, the cashier, and the sheriffs department. I know if I had scratched her hand...I would be signing my plea deal by now!!! WHAT CAN I DO!?!?!?

justalayman

you are not going to be satisfied with the results. You were wrong when you made all the fuss about the item wrongly pictured. You were wrong when you said you were not going to pay for the other items you had won. Given the tenor of your post here, I suspect the elevation of the argument was a due to a bit on both sides of the argument. I would not look for any charges to result from this, either on the other party or on you. I would suggest you simply refuse to do business with that business again and move on with life.

Proserpina

Got the OMG

good with the WTF

it's that BBQ thing I'm having trouble with. Don't know where you are from but around here BBQ is loved by all.

Oddly enough I'm having ribs and rice tonight.

To celebrate the win over the Ravens, doncha know.

(Not that I'd ever gloat. Never. Nope, not me)

(Okay that was a complete lie)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">